During the day we touch our face for many different reasons. Sometimes we can even touch our face for no reason. Because we have made it a habit. According to a study, we touch our face an average of 16 times an hour. However, touching your face can significantly increase our risk of infection with the flu or other viruses, especially the new type of coronavirus. Corona virus Experts say that since its release, we should wash our hands frequently and not touch our hands, especially our faces. How do we deal with this habit? How do we stop touching our face?
Your mouth and eyes are the areas where viruses are the easiest to get into the body. If you have germs or viruses in your hands and touch your face with your hands, you can get infected very easily.
As you know, the coronavirus is transmitted from person to person. We can get the virus that spreads through the surface from sneezing or coughing an infected person from our mouth or eyes through our hands.
Of course, we can easily avoid being near a sick person or taking action against viruses in the air with a mask, but it is almost impossible to avoid the virus on a surface.
Research has shown that people touch their faces more than 16 times an hour. We touch our faces so often that even if we wash our hands, the chances of getting dirty are very high.
In a 2008 study, 10 subjects were observed alone in an office environment for 3 hours. The researchers found that they touched their faces an average of 16 times an hour.
A 2015 study found that 26 medical students at a university in Australia touched their faces 23 times an hour. Almost half of the touches on the face covered the mouth, nose, or eyes. This is the easiest way for viruses and bacteria to get into our bodies.
But how can we get rid of this habit? Experts say that wearing gloves can help you give up the habit of frequently touching your face
We touch our face so often that even after washing our hands, we are more likely to catch a virus from a door handle or other surface. However, we will not be aware of this and will probably touch our face again 5 minutes after washing our hands.
Here are some things you can do to avoid touching your face.
– Include postits that remind you not to touch your face at home or at work
– Use gloves. If you do this, you will be afraid to put your hand in front of your face.
– Keep your hands busy. If you watch TV at home, fold the laundry together. Hold something in your hand
– Try to become aware of this habit and stop when you want to touch your face
– You can also use a scented hand sanitizer or scented hand soap to remind you to keep your hands away from your face. The scent will draw your attention to your hands
– You can put your hands together when you are in a meeting or class
– It is important in both this and every habit to be aware of what you are doing. If you are aware of this habit, you can reduce it
Experts say that some simple methods will help you break this habit. Of course, don’t forget to wash your hands frequently. On the other hand, do not forget to disinfect objects such as the telephone, computer or keychain that you frequently touch.